D5 Solar Hot Water Pump
D5-VS 6~24V 5~24L
- Variable Speed Solar Hot Water Pump
- 6~24 Volts – 5~25 Watts – 0.83~1.04 Amps
- Max Flow Rate – 6.6 GPM / 5~24 LPM
- Pairs with the 24V 2 Amp AC/DC Adapter
In stock (can be backordered)
Download PDF for additional informationDownload PDF File
View and download STP file hereDownload STP File
D5 Solar Hot Water Pump Specifications:
- Max Temperature – 230 F / 110C
- Static PSI – 145.0 / 10 Bar
- Threaded Fittings
- Inlet / Outlet – 1/2” x 1/2”
- Food Grade
- Speed Control fully integrated
- Runs directly from PV
The D5 Pump is a DC brushless motor with energy efficiency technology:
- Maximum power point tracking (MPPT)
- Easy variable speed and power consumption dial
- Stable and advanced soft-starting function
- Very low in-rush current
- Perfect for working directly with a PV panel
- Replacement option for the El SID and the 809-BR 12V & 24V Mag Drive March Pump
- Pairs perfectly with the 24V 2 Amp AC/DC Adapter
The D5 Solar Hot Water Pump has a soft start-up feature which reduces high in-rush current. When the photovoltaic panel provides sufficient power, the pump goes through the alignment phase by turning the rotor into the position required for start-up.
The processor then waits until the capacitor is sufficiently charged. This enables a start-up with minimal power (less than two watts). This process minimizes cycling due to unsuccessful attempts to connect. Even after prolonged shutdown, the pump will start reliably.
For solar system loops, the D5 Solar Hot Water Pump powers directly from a PV panel. The sun comes up, heat builds in the solar hot water panel producing electricity in the PV panel. The pump slowly starts with the smallest amount of current and pushes the heated water to the storage tank. This simple system eliminates the need for controllers, thermostats and sensors.
Features of the D5 Solar Hot Water Pump:
- DC brushless motor with energy efficiency technology by micro processor
- High efficient ECM brushless DC motor can sustain a continuous 24-hour workload with life expectancy of well over 20,000 hours.
- Soft start at very low in-rush current, convenient for working directly with a PV panel
- Durable permanent magnetic rotor/impeller and fine ceramic shaft
- Advanced magnetic drive technology with static-impeller
When drive circuitry detects no or little liquid in the pump chamber, it will stop the pump to prevent damage. Then you can restart the D5 Solar Hot Water Pump manually by disconnecting and reconnecting it to the power supply.
Over voltage protection:
If the voltage exceeds 28V, the pump will auto-protect and shut off the power supply. When the voltage falls below 28V, the pump will restart automatically.
Overload protection function:
When the current exceeds the rated current, such as can arise when the impeller jams due to debris, the pump will automatically stop to prevent damage. The pump will restart when the current returns to normal.
Areas of Use for the D5 Solar Hot Water Pump:
- Beer Brewing
- Liquid Transfer
- Solar Water Heater
- Hot Water Circulation
- Radiant Floor Heating
- Air Energy Water Heater
- Portable Power Supplies
- Hot Pump Air Conditioner
If you have any questions or doubts, feel free to contact us. We’d be happy to help!