S5 Solar Hot Water Pump
$89.25 – $89.50
S5 12V 8.4L 5PV
- 12 Volts – 12.96 Watts – 1.08 Amps – 5PV
- Max Flow Rate – 2.21 GPM / 8.4 LPM
S5 12V 10L 10PV
- 12 Volts – 5 Watts – 0.4 Amps – 10PV
- Max Flow Rate – 2.64 GPM / 10 LPM
S5 12V 12.6L 15PV
- 12 Volts – 10 Watts – 0.8 Amps – 15 PV
- Max Flow Rate – 3.32 GPM / 12.6 LPM
STP fileDownload STP File
These are the specifications of the S5 Solar Hot Water Pump:
- Max Temperature – 230 F / 110 C
- Static PSI – 145.0 / 10 Bar
- Threaded Fittings
- Inlet / Outlet – 1/2” x 1/2”
- Food Grade
- Can be run directly from PV
The S5 Solar Hot Water Pump works well for most circulation pump applications. It can do so without connection to the power grid. This pump is highly efficient. The S5 can connect directly to a photovoltaic panel. The pump is small in size. It is efficient and has an extremely low power consumption.
The long life brushless motor technology provides a maintenance free and quiet service life. Furthermore, this pump is perfect for single family home thermal solar systems. It is also an excellent choice for any circulation pump application where conventional power is not available.
The S5 Solar Hot Water Pump has a soft start-up feature. This reduces high in-rush current. When the photovoltaic panel provides sufficient power, the pump goes through the alignment phase by turning the rotor into the position required for start-up.
The processor then waits until the capacitor is sufficiently charged. This enables a start-up with minimal power (less than two watt). Cycling due to unsuccessful attempts is minimized. Even after prolonged shutdown, the pump will start reliably.
For solar system loops, the S5 Solar Hot Water Pump can be powered directly from a PV panel. When the sun comes up, heat builds in the solar hot water panel. At the same time, electricity is made in the PV panel.
The pump slowly starts with the smallest amount of current and pushes the heated water to the storage tank. It’s all too simple and eliminates all controllers, thermostats and sensors.
Features of the S5 Solar Hot Water Pump:
- DC brushless motor with energy efficiency technology by micro processor
- Highly efficient ECM brushless DC motor
- Can sustain a continuous 24-hour workload with life expectancy of well over 30000 hours
- Soft start at a very low in-rush current
- Convenient when working directly with PV panel
- Durable permanent magnetic rotor/impeller and fine ceramic shaft
- Advanced magnetic drive technology with static-impeller
Drive circuitry can detect little or no liquid in the pump chamber. The dry-run protection stops the pump to prevent damage. The S5 needs to be restarted manually. By disconnecting and reconnecting it to the power supply, the pump will restart.
Over voltage protection:
When the voltage is over 28V, the pump will auto-protect and shut off own power supply. When the voltage falls below 28V, the pump will restart automatically.
Overload protection function:
The overload protection function means that the pump will automatically stop to prevent damage. It does so when the current is over the rated current. This can happen if the impeller is stuck due to debris. Furthermore, the S5 will automatically restart when the current falls again.
Areas of use for the S5 Solar Hot Water Pump:
- Beer brewing
- Liquid transfer
- Solar water heater
- Hot water circulation
- Radiant floor heating
- Air energy water heater
- Portable power supplies
- Hot pump air conditioner
If you are looking for anything specific, feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you!